If you have found yourself with extra downtime and a little more uncertainty than usual, you may be looking for ways to occupy your time and make a little extra money. One of the best ways to generate income while tidying up your home is to sell excess items online. Whether your closet is overflowing with clothes, or if you are a makeup junkie with pallets you will never use, the Poshmark marketplace can connect you with willing and eager buyers. The following steps will help you get your Poshmark store off to a running start.
1. Visit poshmark.com or download their app in your mobile device store. You can access the marketplace and build your closet online or on your phone.
2. Enter your personal details, and set up your account by creating log-in credentials.
3. Create your closet! Carefully choose items that are in good condition and meet Poshmark’s guidelines. Your closet will attract more buyers if you start off with a decent amount of inventory. Start by uploading at least seven items for sale.
4. Add a photo! Including a photo and short bio will personalize your page and attract more buyers.
5. Be social. Poshmark is built on a social media-esque type of platform. Therefore, in order to attract buyers to your closet, you will have to interact with other people on the platform. Join parties. Follow other people’s accounts. Comment on items you like (no obligation to actually buy the item unless you want to).
Bonus: Share! Share! Share! Not only should you make a habit of sharing your listings a few times a day, but you should also share other people’s items. In return, they will share your items with their followers. Eventually, someone will see something they like in your closet, and you will make a sale!
This may all sound like a lot. But many of us have extra time on our hands, so it is definitely worth the time investment right now. Furthermore, once you’ve set up your account, all the hard work is done. Depending on the demand and popularity of your items, you should begin to see sales relatively quickly if you follow the above steps. Once I got set up, I made my first sale within a week!
If you are new to Poshmark, help me help you by entering my referral code: RL0214 so we can BOTH qualify for a $10 referral bonus.😉 If you have a poshmark store, drop your user name in the comment section, and let’s connect!